SBI PO Selection Procedure 2018: State Bank of India (SBI) has announced the selection procedure for the recruitment of eligible candidates as Probationary Officers (PO) in the bank. Application process for SBI PO recruitment 2018 began on April 21. The last date to submit SBI PO application forms is May 13. Candidates interested in participating in SBI PO 2018 can fill the applications in online mode only. SBI PO selection procedure consits of three stages - Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Group Exercises & Interview.The preliminary exam of SBI PO 2018 selection procedure will be held on July 1, 7 and July 8. April. Candidates who secure the qualifying marks in prelims will be shortlisted to appear for the mains exam that is scheduled to be held on August 4. The candidates qualifying the mains examination will be called to appear for group exercises and interview scheduled to be held from September 24 to October 12. Candidates participating in the recruitment process will have to qualify each stage of selection procedure of SBI PO to be eligible for the next step.
The preliminary exam will be qualifying in nature and marks obtained by candidates in SBI PO prelims will not be added for preparing the final merit list for selection as probationary officer. Candidates will be called for group discussion and interview on the basis of their marks secured in both papers (objective and descriptive) of the mains examination arranged in descending order. The final merit list will be arrived after aggregating converted marks of mains exam and group exercises and Interview out of 100 for each category. Appointment to the post of probatinary officer will be made from the top ranked candidates in each category. Candidates can check below for details of SBI PO Selection Procedure 2018.
Latest: SBI PO Application form 2018 Released - Check Here
SBI PO Selection Procedure 2018 – Stages
The recruitment for the post of Probationary Officer/Management Trainees in SBI will be done in three stages. Candidates who qualify all three stages of the SBI PO 2018 selection procedure will be shortlisted for final appointment. Check the stages of selection procedure of SBI PO given below.
- Preliminary examination
- Main examination
- Group exercises and interview
SBI PO Selection Procedure 2018 - Preliminary Examination
- Phase 1 or preliminary exam of SBI PO selection procedure is an objective exam comprising three sections and 100 questions.
- Candidates will have to choose the correct answer for all the questions out of the given choices.
- The total marks for the preliminary exam is 100 and candidates are given 1 marks for every correct answer and 0.25 marks are deducted for every wrong answer.
- The preliminary exam will be conducted online and candidates will have composite time of 1 hour to complete the exam.
- The qualifying marks for the preliminary exam will be decided by the bank in order to be declared qualified.
- SBI will shortlist candidates 20 times the number of vacancies for the next stage of SBI PO selection procedure i.e. the mains examination
SBI PO Selection Procedure 2018 - Main Examination
Candidates qualifying the preliminary examination will be eligible to appear for the mains exam. The SBI PO 2018 mains exam will have two parts, objective and descriptive test. The important highlights for the stages under the mains of SBI PO selection procedure have been explained below.
- The objective test of SBI PO 2018 is conducted online for 200 marks and have objective type questions.
- The objective test will be held first followed by descriptive test.
- The duration of the objective test is 3 hours consisting of 4 sections.
- The Objective Test will have separate timing for every section.
- The candidates are required to qualify in each of the tests by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
- For every correct response provided, the candidates would be awarded 1 mark and for every wrong response ¼ marks will get deducted. However, no mark will be deducted for any response.
- The descriptive exam of SBI PO 2018 mains is held online for 50 marks.
- Candidates will have to answer each question in the space provided below the question on their monitors.
- Candidates will have 30 minute to complete the exam which will test the candidates english language skills
- Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in Objective Test.
SBI PO Selection Procedure 2018 - Group Exercises and personal Interview
- The aggregate marks secured by candidates in the objective and descriptive test will be arranged in descending order to shortlist candidates for the third stage of SBI PO selection procedure i.e. group exercises and interview.
- Candidates clearing the cutoff for SBI PO 2018 mains exam only will be eligible to appear for the group exercises and interview.
- The final merit list would be released on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the Main and Interview.
SBI PO Selection Procedure 2018 – Final Merit list
- Marks secured by candidates in the preliminary exam will be not be counted for final selection and only the marks of mains and group exercises and interview will be considered to prepare the final SBI PO result.
- Candidates have to qualify phase 1 and 2 of SBI PO selection procedure separately
- Marks secured by the candidates in the mains exam out of 250 will be converted to 75 and marks obtained ion group exercies and interview out of 50 are converted to out of 25
- Final merit list of SBI PO 2018 is prepared after aggregating the converted marks of the mains exam and group exercies and interview our of 100 for every category
- Top ranked candidates in the merit list will be shortlisted for selection in each category